Helping you achieve your goals
Cooper Hardiman's facilitators have a well-deserved reputation for delivering training that is both engaging and outcome focused. Our programs have been designed by qualified trainers and typically utilise a range of techniques to address different styles of learning including facilitator led discussion, work book based activities, video and multimedia displays and small group role plays. Our training is always designed with a view to ensuring that your organisation maximises the return on your investment by ensuring the principles and concepts explored can be implemented in the workplace.
We offer tailored in-house training to address a variety of your people management and leadership development needs.
We also offer a range of skills workshops open to managers and staff at various locations across South West Victoria and Eastern South Australia.
Case Management Advice
We pride ourselves on providing cost-effective, pragmatic advice that reflects your organisation's unique circumstances.
Our HR professionals can advise you in relation to any of the following areas:
- Drafting and introducing policies, policy reviews and implementation
- Recruitment processes including advertising, shortlisting and selection
- Existing HR process review
- Performance management, including performance review process design and implementation, and support and advice on managing situations of poor performance
- Unfair dismissals, adverse action, termination and disciplinary matters
- Leadership development, and development of leadership competency models and success planning structures
- Remuneration and benefits support and advice, including modern award reviews, salary bench-marking and staff remuneration review processes
- Support regarding the management of general employee issues, including workplace investigations via qualified investigators
- Industrial relations support
- Equal opportunity, bullying and harassment prevention
- Mentoring support services for existing HR staff, including options for training staff in the nationally recognised Diploma of Human Resource Management qualification (BSB50613)
- Payroll support services
Can't find what you are looking for above? Given the broad range of our experience there are few people related issues that we haven't come across before. However, if we can't assist we'll be transparent with you and would be only too pleased to point you in the right direction.
To ensure the maximum return on your investment in our services we generally charge on an hourly basis but we can also provide you with a quotation for larger jobs.
Workplace Conflict and a breakdown in working relationships can result in loss of employee engagement, loss of productivity, workplace absenteeism and staff turnover. We offer a professional and independent mediation service which creates the conditions in which the parties in a dispute can attempt to communicate and resolve their concerns and, in many cases, come to a joint agreement as to how they will improve relations and focus on the future.
Types of disputes we have previously mediated successfully include but are not limited to:
- Disputes between colleagues over work allocation and respective roles
- Supervisor/ employee conflict
- Breakdowns in interpersonal working relationships
- Resolving complaints of discrimination and bullying where the complainant does not wish to make a formal complaint.
Our fixed price service includes discussion with you prior to commencing the service to ascertain the appropriateness of mediation to resolve the dispute; assisting in positioning the mediation with staff; contact with both parties prior to the mediation; conduct of the mediation itself (usually 2 to a maximum of 4hours duration) plus assistance to the parties to prepare any written agreement they wish to enter after the mediation. Where appropriate and provided it is not inconsistent with any commitments made in relation to confidentiality, we also provide a comprehensive report to senior management as to any outcomes of the mediation.
When an allegation of bullying, discrimination, harassment or other inappropriate workplace behaviour is made it is critical that your organisation investigates thoroughly and responds appropriately. Our experienced investigators bring their training, years of experience and objectivity to bear in identifying the issues for investigation, interviewing relevant witnesses and providing a comprehensive written report that outlines the allegations, relevant evidence and findings. Where requested, we also separately provide recommendations for improvements in workplace policies or practices to mitigate future risks.
Just some of the circumstances in which our clients find it useful to engage us include:
- Where there are serious allegations of breach of company policies or procedures such as bullying, harassment or discrimination claims;
- Where there are competing versions of events and expertise is required to identify the true state of affairs;
- Where allegations are made against senior managers or a CEO where there would be a perception of bias if a person employed by the organisation was to conduct the investigation.
Want to improve your own effectiveness or provide support to a member of your team?
We provide one-on-one Executive and Managerial Coaching to support the growth of your Leaders and assist them to identify and then achieve their unique leadership goals.
Most organisations choose to obtain a quote for a pre-agreed number of hours of coaching to allow participants to access coaching when and where they need it.
To learn more, just contact one of the team and we would be please to discuss your needs and identify whether Coaching is right for your particular situation.
Quarterly Update Service
Whether it is keeping track of changes to pay rates or provisions in your Modern Award, keeping abreast of changes to the National Employment Standards or being aware of significant developments relating to OH&S or Superannuation – it can be hard to keep up! Have you ever wished someone would just filter out all the irrelevant stuff and just tell you what you need to know at the time you need to know it? Have you ever wished that you had a local expert who understands your business on standby so that when you do come across something you are not sure of or you need help to implement they can be there?
For a modest quarterly fee, we can ensure that you are kept fully informed. Plus, we will ensure you and your managers have access to professional development opportunities and you have a local HR professional who understands your organisation “on tap” when you need them.
Subscribers to our HR Update, Training and Consultancy Service are entitled to the following:
Four easy to read e-newsletters per annum sent to unlimited managers in your organisation including:
- Updates to case law impacting your workplace and any changes to employment law related legislation including Occupational Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity and Discrimination Laws, the Fair Work Act and State Long Service Leave provisions;
- Updates on changes to Awards affecting your organisation and advice on implementation, including advice on annual wage increases and allowance changes.
- Insights into HR trends and best practice approaches via our “HR tips and tactics” column.
Free limited HR consultancy:
Up to 3 free hours of HR consultancy per quarter to be used in whatever manner best suits your business. (Additional hours charged at usual rates).
PLUS all subscribers are entitled to send employees to attend Free, or significantly discounted, at any of our HR for Manager’s series workshops.
To find out more, or to commence your organisation's tailored HR Update, Consultancy and Training service simply contact us.
Get in touch
firstname.lastname@example.org PO Box 837, Warrnambool 3280
© Copyright Cooper Hardiman